Sacramento Farmers and Chefs at Exhibit S
Exhibit of 10 portraits from the collection until the end of October – Downtown Plaza – Sacramento CA
“60 Faces of Our Food Culture” – Our first exhibit!
Sept 14th 2013 6-8pm at Sunh Fish.
Our first exhibit will feature larger-than-life portraits of 30 farmers and 30 chefs from the collection.
This second Saturday premier of our first exhibit will also feature:
- GREAT FOOD from Kru, Bistro Michel, de Vere’s Irish Pub, Ettore’s, and 58 Degrees & Holding.
- LOVELY WINES from Sean Minor Wines and Picnic Wine Co.
- DIVINE BEERS from Ruhstaller
- DELIGHTFUL LIVE JAZZ by The Ross Hammond Trio
- Our EMCEE will be the beautiful Kitty O’Neal from KFBK
Early bird tickets on sale now! $20 Buy tickets here!
Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit The California Food Literacy Center.
Backyard “Eat & Greet” with Grange!
July 13th 2013 5:30pm at a private home in Land Park.
Grange’s pastry chef Jodie Chavious invites us to her home for seasonal eats and live acoustic music!
Join us for this lovely evening featuring:
- GREAT FOOD from chefs Oliver Ridgeway, Brad Cecchi, Jodie Chavious, and Chuy Lopez of Grange.
- PRODUCE from farmer Scrivner Hoppe-Glosser of Azolla Farm.
- MEAT from shepherd Dan Macon of Flying Mule Farm.
- WINES from winemaker Sean Minor of Sean Minor Wines.
- BEER from brewmaster Eric Ryan of Ruhstaller Beer.
- LAVENDER from farmer Amy Dempster of The Lamm Farm.
- MUSIC from local folk band “Big Empty”.
This event is limited to 75 guests. $40 until July 10th / $50 thereafter Buy tickets here!
Sacramento Farmers and Chefs presents our first “Eat & Greet” private dinner fundraiser!
June 29th 2013 7pm at Feeding Crane Farms.
Join us for a special five-course meal and wine pairing featuring:
- Chef Aimal Formoli of Formoli’s Bistro.
- Chef Adam Schulze of The Waterboy.
- Winemaker Craig Haarmeyer of Revolution Wines.
- Culinary Arts Instructor Teresa Urkofsky and students from the Oak Cafe at ARC.
- Farmer Dylan Keith, Shannin Stein, and the crew at Feeding Crane Farms.
- Coffee Roaster Jason Griest of Old Soul Coffee.
- Backyard Chef Liza Madigan of Sacramento Basket.
This exclusive “Eat & Greet” dinner will raise funds for Sacramento Farmers and Chefs, a fine art documentary photography project highlighting the individuals responsible for the bountiful food culture of the Sacramento Valley. Enjoy this unique chance to mingle with these remarkable local food gurus. Chefs Formoli and Schulze are crafting a one of a kind menu featuring produce from Feeding Crane Farms, fish from Passmore Ranch & Sunh Fish, and meats from Reeds Gourmet Meat Co. Winemaker Craig Haarmeyer will pair each course with one of his wines. Dinner will be served in the shade of the tree-lined fields of the farm.
This event is limited to 30 guests. $120/plate Buy tickets here!
What to expect:
- Early birds can enjoy appetizers, drinks, and hay rides starting at 7:00pm.
- The five-course meal begins at 7:45pm.
- Get a chance to hear more about Sacramento Farmers and Chefs first hand from photographer Janine Mapurunga, our project founder.
- Coffee ninja Jason Griest will host a single cup Chemex pour over bar.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes suited for walking on the farm in summertime. This is a great chance to wear your favorite hat or go for that farmer’s tan!
- Cameras, appetites, bug spray, and enthusiasm welcome!